In my new novel, The Misadventures of Sister Mary Olga Fortitude, Sister Mary Olga talks about the importance of confession as well as acceptance and forgiveness. These are strong emotions and shouldn’t be entered into lightly.
With that being said, nobody is perfect. Sister Mary Olga would be the first to tell you this because she has a just few vices of her own with a snort of Bourbon and a full puff from a Marlboro every once in a while. She lovingly teaches morals to live by not only her class in Advanced Holiness, but educates readers to learn and apply the valuable lessons of life, along with plenty of humor in between of course.
Everyone should bring more humor and laughter into life. You can release your soul with confession, but never forget to smile in the process.
Want to start having more fun?
1. Smile. Smile at strangers. Smile as you drive to work. Smile when you’re doing household chores. Smile when you’re talking on the phone. Smile more in conversation with others.
2. As Sister Mary Olga would tell you, “Count your blessings”. Consider all the wonderful things in your life and bring more laughter to your family and friends. It will come back to you ten-fold guaranteed.
3. Spend time with other fun, playful people. What a great way to share the feelings of humor?
4. Bring more humor to conversations. Talk about a funny book you’ve just read, like The Misadventures of Sister Mary Olga Fortitude. You can then tell some of the zany antidotes straight from Bucksnort.
5. When you hear laughter, move toward it. It is absolutely contagious. Catch it, release it, and share it. Don’t forget to catch it again when it comes back around.
Create more opportunities to laugh. Develop your sense of humor more and be sure to take yourself less seriously. Laugh. Smile. Laugh and smile right now as you read this. It will transform your life in so many positive ways. I promise you.
What’s the funniest story you’ve heard today?
I hope that you take the opportunity to check out The Misadventures of Sister Mary Olga Fortitude and get an extra dose of laughter today